With over 3,000 members, the Coalition of Public Safety Employee Health Trust (“COPS Trust”) provides excellent healthcare insurance benefits including Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision benefit options for Police Officers, Firefighters, Correctional Officers, Dispatchers, and Clerical personnel across the nation. COPS established in 1994, was created and managed by public safety professionals specifically to obtain healthcare insurance benefits apart from their traditional employers regular healthcare insurance benefit plans. COPS Trust is structured as a tax-exempt voluntary employee benefit association (VEBA) under Code Section 501 (c) (9).
HOW MANY ARE INSURED?
Over 3,000 Insured Members + Family Members
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
- Chairman: Nate Johnson President, Michigan State Police Troopers Association
- Secretary: Richard Weiler Chairman, Michigan Association of Police Organizations (Retired)
- Trustee: Don Taylor President, Detroit Police and Fire Retiree Association (Retired)
- Trustee: Scott Reinacher President, Michigan State Police Officers Association (Retired)
- Trustee: Robert Figurski President, Warren Police Officers Association (Retired)
ADMINISTRATION OFFICE PERSONNEL
- Executive Director: Tom Schneider President, Detroit Police Officers Association (Retired)
- Administrative: Karen Ramos
- Payor Relations: Lisa Duncan